Kmart buyer issues serious warning to air fryer users about ‘secret crack’
Kmart buyer issues severe warning to air fryer users after ‘secret crack’ he discovered in handle burns his girlfriend’s hands and feet
- Man claims crack in Kmart air fryer severely burned his partner
- He posted an image of a small crack in the grip of the popular device
- Kmart buyer warned others and said it could happen to anyone
A Kmart buyer has warned air fryer cooks that their popular appliance may have a secret crack that could lead to burns.
The Victorian man named James claims his partner scalded his hands and feet when she tried to remove the tray and basket from his Kmart 5.3L air fryer.
Users normally press a button on the top of the handle to release the basket, but on this occasion the basket simply fell to the floor, leaving the woman with blistered burns.
After James took a closer look, he saw the crack.
Kmart buyer warned air fryer cooks their popular appliance may have a secret crack that could lead to burns
“It’s easy to miss and unless you check your grip it could be a disaster on the horizon.” I’m afraid it could happen to someone else. Anyone could get a crack like this while hiding in their deep fryer without even realizing it. It could be really dangerous, ”he said. 7News.
He posted photos online showing the small crack and said the device was not old, overloaded or overused.
The incident happened on Boxing Day when Jame’s partner was cooking hash browns.
He said his burns could easily have been much worse.
“Our cats are often under our feet and they could have been injured if the basket fell on them. And if a person with a young child were in the same situation, they could also be injured, ”he said.
‘Numerous [people] I wouldn’t realize how hot the baskets and underside of the air fryer can get. It is really, really hot and can be dangerous when something like this happens.
Kmart has been contacted to comment on damage to their popular air fryer
The Victorian man named James claims his partner scalded his hands and feet when she tried to remove the tray and basket from his Kmart 5.3L air fryer (the same air fryer model shown )
The retail giant told Daily Mail Australia it was looking into what happened.
“At Kmart, we are committed to the health and safety of all of our products,” said a spokesperson.
“We take this commitment very seriously and are currently in direct contact with the customer to further investigate this matter. ”
James was offered a replacement air fryer, but instead opted for store credit.