Alzheimer’s Disease Questions & Answers: What Are Some Important Gifts For People With Alzheimer’s Disease And Their Caregivers? | Health and fitness
Subscription packages and services are relatively new and very trendy this year, according to Ashley Austrew of care.com.
The donor can choose boxes containing meals, snacks, spa kits, games, crafts or hobbies, or create a unique one appropriate for the caregiver or person with Alzheimer’s. The donor can also make a one-time purchase or make it a weekly or monthly delivery.
Pairing these unique boxes with the gift of your time would make it really special.
Here are some suggestions:
- MyTheraBox.com – “Take care of yourself” is the theme of this box which contains a happiness activity, an inspiration book and soothing products for the bath and the body.
- OldTimeCandy.com – Includes an assortment of popular retro candies, dating back to the 1950s.
- Grandbox.com – Healthy snacks and treats, brain stimulation game, comfy socks or luxury toiletries.
- TeaRunners.com – The monthly subscription includes four high quality loose teas, with tasting notes and brewing instructions.
- PoppysHobbies.com – A themed craft box that includes everything you need to create seasonal decor and other fun projects.
- CraftsmanCrate.com – For the craftsman, this monthly box contains everything necessary to carry out a quality project, such as weaving, leatherwork, glass engraving, etc.
- Magazine-agent.com – Do you like puzzles? This subscription features dozens of magazines with games and activities, such as crosswords, Sudoku, trivia and more.
- CrateJoy.com This local exploration box features local produce from other states, with facts about the city and a watercolor map.
- MertiageCoffee.com – For coffee lovers, a variety of organic and certified fair trade coffee blends can be delivered weekly or monthly.
- EatMeGuiltFree.com – Subscribers get healthy and delicious brownies high in protein and low in carbs in various flavors, breads or tortillas.
- CareBox.com – A box full of treats, puzzles, hand creams and lotions, cozy socks and more.
- GentlemansBox.com – For men, items in this box include coordinating fashion pieces like patterned socks and bow ties, suspenders and more.
- Freshly.com – A weekly meal service that offers chef-prepared meals, fresh and not frozen, that can be reheated and served in three minutes or less, with a variety of nutritional options to choose from.
- CrateJoy.com – For the avid gardener, a wide choice of boxes for gardening activities, such as seasonal herbs and vegetable seeds. Culture cards are included.
Questions about Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders can be sent to Dana Territo, the Memory Whisperer, owner of Dana Territo Consulting, LLC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.